Monday, February 7, 2011

Eating healthier: Anyone say fruit 'n yogurt parfait?

Hi Everyone,

I have the stomach flu for almost two days now and I am starting to feel better. During that time, I just didn't have the appetite to eat anything. I was bummed because my parents were having hotpot/shabu shabu that day and it's one of my favorite food. Now that I am feeling better, I am craving for it soooooo bad. Having the stomach flu is no fun and it's gross.

I am still recovering and yesterday is when I started to eat, starting with soup and trying to work my way up to solid foods.   Today, I went to McDonalds for breakfast..... no I did not order hash browns..... which I normally do with a breakfast sandwich..... but this time I ordered 7 of their fruit n' yogurt parfaits plus a side salad. The lady at the register looked at me like I was crazy and asked me "Are you having a breakfast party?" I said, "Nope, this is all for myself." But then I added, "These will be my breakfast for the next 7 days." She look relieved after that. =)
  
I figured yogurt is good for my digestive system, helps ward of cancer, and it's low in cholesterol, low in sodium, high in iron, and high in vitamin C. The only negative part about this is that it is high in sugar, but hey.... it's only 160 calories and it makes me full in the morning. Plus it is only $1~!!!!!
It beats drinking coffee (which I normally don't anyways) and it's less expensive.

Believe it or not.... having this stomach flu makes me want to eat healthier. Going forward, my new regimen will be having one fruit n' yogurt parfait with an additional piece of fruit and a bottle of water for breakfast.

Then I will have a salad for lunch plus an other piece of fruit on the side with water. Just a side note: The salad is only $1 also. So, if you think about it....... I only spent at most $3.00 for both meals.

I will also make time for the gym which consist of 20-30 mins of cardio, 100-200 sit-ups, and some light weight lifting.

For dinner, I can splurge a little because I don't want to limit too much and I want to make sure I get my proteins in for the day.

I guess there is a positive side to having this stomach flu.
The fruit n' yogurt parfait with granola are awesome for everyday breakfast..... definitely a favorite of mine.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment