Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My first Birchbox!

Hi Everyone,

One of my secret love is coming home from work and seeing a package at my door. It's like getting a present..... even though I know what it is I still feel a sense of excitement. Today, I was happy to see my first birchbox order.

Look how cute and professional this box is! It sure ain't ghetto! They are definitely not playing. It's legit!

For those who doesn't know what it is please checkout their website at www.birchbox.com. I was introduce to this website a few months ago by my brother's wife who also loves makeup. Basically, you get 4-5 hand-picked makeup samples from different brands every month to try. It is only $10 per month and you get a package every month. I think this is a good idea because you get to try a variety of makeup for a decent price. In addition, you get to earn points..... for every 100 birchbox points you get $10 off full size products.

For the month of February it is all about indulgence, this is what I got:
When I first opened the box, I saw a nice card and the items were very well packaged. My gosh..... it's like opening a box of goodies.


Let me go through each one so it is easier on the eye....
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in black. This mascara has NutriPlump formula that is smudge proof, clump-proof, and most importantly, paraben free. Full-size: $18

Oscar Blandi hair serum. It is a smoothing serum that provides instant and long lasting shine to ALL hair types. This helps protect your hair from heat and fights frizz. On the application, it said to only use a few drops at a time, so with the sample given it should last two weeks or more. Full-size: $24

Befine exfoliating cleanser. When I saw this, my first thought was to use this with my clarisonic. It helps exfoliate and balance your skin's moisture. The smell is alright.... pretty refreshing... has a thick consistency which I like for an exfoliator. Some exfoliators are liquid-y and it doesn't feel like you are removing any dirt so this is a plus. Full-size: $25
Sweet riot dark chocolate with expresso. I wish I was a dark chocolate lover, but I much prefer milk chocolate. Dark chocolate is just too bitter for me to enjoy.... however, when it comes to men.... I don't have a preference and you know who you are. =)
This is made with 70% dark chocolate from Latin America and it is diary-free, gluten-free, has very little calories and packed with antioxidants. Wow..... I am missing out.

Moving on to the final product.... NARS...... one of my favorite makeup brands.
NARS illuminator in Orgasm. I love Orgasm! Hahaha ;o)
This color is one of my favorite colors from NARS and what this product does is it makes your skin look refreshed and radiant. For this product, you only need very little to make your face look dewy (in a nice way) and to give it a little oomph!
Full size: $29

Well, that was an exciting surprise from birchbox... I can't wait to see what's in their next month's selection.

I am glad I signed up!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment