Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MAC- Wonder Woman Collection

Hi Everyone,

MAC cosmetics is getting so creative with their collection line and package designs. It's always exciting to see what they come out with each season.  Their latest line is from the DC comic book collection of Wonder Woman. I grew up loving comic books. I would read X-men, X-factor, Incredible hulk, She-hulk, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Spider Man, Super Man, etc... I believe I still have them in the basement at my parents house with the plastic sleeve covers. Oh... I hope they are worth something these days.

Anyways, I bought a few items from the Wonder Woman Collection that I would like to review.
It is a 33 piece collection and I bought 5 items that I feel suits me the most. The packaging is just awesome.

Let's start with the eye shadow palette. The one I got is called Defiance and it's their only pink eye shadow collection from that line. I wore this close to Valentine's day to give my eyes a pop of pink.
The eye shadows are the same size as the ones in the pan. They are easy to apply and the colors blend very well together.
All the eye shadows have the same packaging theme where Wonder Woman is blocking the Medusa's drab ray with her bracelet.



Here are swatches of the colors..... starting from the left to the right: Defiance, Paradise Island, Star Studded, and Real Drama.  I use Defiance on my brow bone, Paradise Island for all over lid, Star Studded on my lower lid below the water line to give it a pop of color, and Real Drama as an eye liner on my top lid.  This is a beautiful combination.

The three lip glosses that I got are: Emancipation, Secret Identity, and Athena's Kiss
These lip glosses are huge compared to their normal collection. One thing that I don't like about it is that it is hard to get the lip applicator out from the tube. You pretty much have to pull that sucker out and when you do that the products tends to fly out of the tube. Yes, it can get pretty messy.
Besides that, the colors are amazingly pigmented.





The last item I have here is the reflects glitter. Sometimes it's nice to have a little bit of glitter on the inner corner of your eyes. This pearl color goes nicely with the pink palettes. By applying a little bit of a white on the inner corner of your eyes make them look large and doey.

Overall, I don't think these are a must have like the Urban Decay 'Naked' palette. Most people buy this for the packaging and it's just fun to have next to all your MAC collection.

One quote that Wonder Woman says is "Show's over boys."

<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I ordered the same lipgloss Emancipation along with the eyeliner pen! I really wanted the Marquise'd lipstick but they are all out everywhere I go.

    http://lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how nice the packaging is. Marquise'd is a nice color. I tried to see where you can buy one and you are right, it is sold out. =o(

    ReplyDelete