Thursday, August 18, 2011

August Birchbox Review

Hello Everyone,

My birchbox is here!!! No special designs on the box this time.

Sometimes little things like this just brightens up my day. For the month of August it is all about beauty innovations. Their definition of innovation are products that will help solve a lot of the common beauty issues. My definition of innovation is to be able to try the latest beauty products out there..... I was a bit disappointed with what's in my box, so I went online to check out what other products were part of the August birchbox that I didn't get. I saw so many nice products on their website for August such as the Anastasia Line Erasing Cream, Jouer moisturizing lip gloss, Stila eyshadow pans in compact, etc.. =(



At first I wasn't too excited to try the products I got, but once I did try some of the products in there... I start to like it more.

Here is what I have in my birchbox:
Pangea Organics- Cleanser for combination to oily skin. It's nice that they know I have combination to oily skin..... I think that was one of the questions that I put down when I first signed up.
I've used other products from this line before and they all have been great. Most of their products are all-natural so it doesn't make me feel like I am putting a lot of chemicals on my face.

It contains "Australian wild plum, willow herbs, yucca extracts, and a drizzle of honey to boost the antibacterial power." The only thing that I would say about this is it is very fragrant so if you are a person who doesn't like scents, then this is not for you.

Wei Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads
This helps diminish the appearance of puffiness and makes your eyes look well-rested.
Taking care of the most sensitive skin on your face which is around the eyes is very important because that is where you can give away your age. It contains Tibetan chrysanthemum, soy, raspberry, green tea leaf extracts, seaweed, and peppermint.
My take on this is it's definitely a luxury item to have, but I don't think I will be buying unless I have the money. I can see this being a good present for my mom.

What's inside this little package?

More goodies to try.

Carol's Daughter- Monoi Repairing Hair Mask. This product helps revive dull or dry strands which I have a lot of. Come to think..... I haven't had a haircut since the last time I blogged about it. It was in March.... 6 months ago!!!! That is why I need this hair mask. After using this sample size hair mask, I can feel how soft my hair is and I miss that feeling. Another thing I really like about this product is it makes your hair smell really good. Even after 2 days, my hair still smells good. Most scents from shampoos/conditioners only last about a day at the most. Why couldn't this be cheaper? I would use it again if it wasn't for the price. LOVE it!

The next thing in the box is the Blinc eyeliner. "Brush it on.... Slide it off!" really is true. Most mascaras come off messy even if you wipe it off twice it is still there. I have tested this eyeliner out for a day and I don't feel like it fade, smudge, or flake. However, I prefer a felt tip over a brush. The one that comes in this sample is a brush and I feel like it grabs a lot of products which takes longer to dry. But once it dries, it's great and so so easy to take off. I am hoping to find a drugstore product that does the same.


The last thing in this box is a Twistband Hair Tie. I can always use more hair ties because I lose them so fast. The material of this hair tie is soft, but other than that it's ok. It's supposed to look good in your hair and on your wrist because of the extra knot. What I gravitate to is the soft elastic material, not the necessarily the knot.... it doesn't make a difference to me.

Well, that's it for my August Birchbox.
Now, waiting for my September birchbox to come.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment