Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A hidden Gem

Hello Everyone,

It's always exciting to find a boutique store that sells affordable jewelries and clothes. As I was strolling along Castro Street in Mountain View, I came across a cute boutique store that is "hidden" by great restaurants in that area. On the outside, the store doesn't really stand out if you are just driving by, but it's a whole different story when you walk in. I didn't even notice the poster that says "Voted for Best Boutique of 2010 Mountain View" before I went in. And after going in there, I feel that they do deserve that title.


The store is called Boutique 4. It's nicely decorated and very spacious. The store is opened by two sisters who enjoy shopping. I talked to one of the owners, Tamera, who is extremely nice. I told her it's a nice surprise to stumble upon a cute store like this during my lunch time. She said her and her sister would always go shopping during their lunchtime and not until four years ago was when they decided to open their own store. I am always on a hunt for cute boutique stores because you can always find unique items that not everyone has.

They have these cute mannequins wearing clothes made out of candy wrappers/boxes.

The clothes that they carry are hip and edgy. The clothes are a bit expensive, but affordable. They also have some clothes that are 40% off in the sales rack so watch out for those.

What I enjoy looking at the most are their jewelries. They have more jewelries in the store than what I displayed below. Some of them feels a bit cheap, but most of them are good quality, not like forever 21. They feel like jewelries that you would get from Jewelmint. I saw quite a few jewelries that I would like to have, but they can add up in price, so I selected 3 pieces. I really wanted that green flower necklace on the bottom right hand corner... but it cost about $68-$95. Yikes!!!

The three pieces:

Here, I have a sparrow carrying a love letter from an envelope. I love how it looks simple and romantic.

The envelope opens up too. How adorable!

The next piece here is a colorful circle pattern bib that just caught my eyes as I was walking by. I find this piece unique because it looks like there are strings woven into the circles but it's actually metal, but at the same time some of the circles does have strings connected. That sounded kinda funny..... it's hard to describe. I will just leave at that.

The last piece I got is a ring that has a large octopus in the center with little rhinestones on it's tentacles.
I just thought it is cute and something fun to wear with a plain outfit. If you look closely, there is a fish in one of the tentacles.


The service was great and Tamera was just so fun to talk to. She allowed me to take pictures of her store to post on my blog.

I will definitely go back there if I am ever in that area.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment