Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Island Kine: Feather earrings, headbands, necklaces

Hello Everyone,

Feathers and more feathers everywhere!!!

I just had an early dinner today with my friend Samantha who is very artistic and crafty. She has started making her own feather earrings two months ago and her business is taking off. I am so proud of her. It's kinda interesting how we met.... she used to work at MAC and I would always go to her to buy my products.... that tells you how much I love makeup.

During our dinner, I asked her how she got inspired to start this business. She said her mom always make her costumes with exotic feathers for her Polynesian dance performances and to keep her memory alive, she wants to continue creating beautiful feather works through the jewelry pieces that I will be showing you below.

Remember: All the pieces that she designed are handcrafted, unique, and one of a kind.

Her company is called Island Kine. You can find this on Facebook with all her contact information. I enjoy supporting small family businesses and people who are passionate in what they do.

I want to show you who the creator is behind these beautiful pieces.

If you like her products, please "like" her business on FB.

The feathers that she use are soft, not like the ones from Claire's. I learned something new today from her about the different types of feathers that she uses such as saddle, hackle, and pheasant.

The price of her earrings range from $10- $60 depending on how complicated it is and the quality of the feathers. Here are some of the her work:


Love these colors!

Nice mix of metal and feather


Here are them on:


This is an earring with a necklace together. How creative is this?!!!!

I also bought two pairs of feather earrings from her and I told her I want another pair with FALL colors.
Here are the two earrings I got:

You can wear it different ways. This is one way:

and here is the other way: If you want it longer, you can hook the other earring on the chain together with the other one

Second pair are my white angel wings


She also makes feather hippie headbands too!

I can't wait to get my FALL color feather earrings.

Have a nice night!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment