Friday, July 29, 2011

July Birchbox Time!

Hello Everyone,

It seems like I haven't been blogging about makeup/beauty item reviews in a while. I do miss that part of it since I have been working on my side project a lot more lately, but I will try to have a balance of both in my blogs

So, it's that time of the month.... not that type if you know what I am talking about..... I meant it's July Birchbox time!

This month, the items in the  box are picked out by a designer named Cynthia Rowley. The box contains some of her all-time favorite products. I noticed a few months ago that some people get different items in their Birchbox than what I have in mine. I guess it's based on the questions that they asked you in the beginning to determine which products to send you..... I wished I got the Pur minerals 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation, but oh well.

The box looks really pretty this month. They have added an extra colorful sleeve to the box. It's always a surprise to see how they change up the look of the packaging which tells me that they focus a lot on the details. I love that!


Here is the summary card of that the theme is for this month. The border of the card matches the sleeve of the box. Awesome! Details, details, details! Turquoise tissue instead of hot pink.

On the back of the card, it has all the full size items listed with the price

Now, the best part is to see the products INSIDE the box.

The first thing that caught my eye is the snack bar. Yes, I go for the food, instead of the beauty products. I know..... they are actually pretty equal in my book, but I would rank food slightly higher. Wow, look how tasty that looks. *drooling*

I only blinked for a second and it's all gone.... inside my stomach.... sorry bf, I was going to save it for you, but I couldn't help it. Actually, I didn't even tell him. Yeah, it was that good. Normally, I am not a granola bar person, but this was darn good. It has a little sweetness from the apricot and crunchiness from the almond. When they are mixed together it's nice and chewy. I need to know where to buy some of this. It's a healthy way to snack because it is all natural, gluten and wheat free, no trans fat, dairy free, and very low sodium.

The next item, is the Redken Shine Brillance 02. I have used it twice so far and it's not bad. I like the smell and it does give my hair a bit of a healthy shine. I don't put a lot of products in my hair, but it's nice once in a while to tame those fly-aways and cover the dryness of my hair.

Then, there is the Ahava Mineral Hand Cream. It's always nice to have a hand cream in your bag and this would be a nice one to have. My hands are normally not too dry, so I don't need it, but I will keep it in my bag for others to use.

Oooh... another small surprise.

Inside we have Philosophy Purity one step facial cleanser. It gently cleans away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out the skin. I used this in the shower and it goes on pretty smooth and feels nice after I washed it off. I don't think it took off all my makeup, but most of it. I still feel like the Philosophy facial products are expensive and I don't think I will buy it, however, I will definitely use the sample I have here.

The last item, is one of my favorite brand of nail polish. I have talked about Zoya in my past blogs and I do have an extensive nail polish collection. I find it fun to collect because they are pretty to look at. The one that came in this box is called Shay. It's a beige/nude color with a hint of pink. If I want to keep it simple, this is a great color to wear.

Have a great weekend!!!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment