Friday, July 22, 2011

OOTD: Ribbon and White Pearls

Hello Everyone,

I have rediscovered my love for pearls. When most people think about white pearls, they tend to think it's for people in their 40's or 50's, but I beg the differ. Erase that stigma out of your mind. Pearls can be worn at all ages. What makes a difference is how you wear it. Pearls do display a bit of elegance and sophistication which makes it easy to enhance any outfit. Just some background education about pearls. Pearls comes in different shapes and sizes. There are different quality pearls ranging from an A to AAA.

A: Lower quality freshwater ( represent 60% of pearl harvest)
Shape: Off Round
Luster: Poor

AA: Medium grade freshwater ( represent 20% of pearl harvest)- commonly found in department stores
Shape: Off Round
Luster: Medium

AA+: High grade freshwater (represent 10% of pearl harvest)- Found in finer jeweler stores
Shape: Near round to round
Luster: High

AAA: Very high grade freshwater (represent 1-2% of pearl harvest)
Shape: Round
Luster: Very high

That being said, the ones that I have here are AA+.
With just a white ruffled button up shirt from H&M, I was able to add the pearls to amp up the look. I love the shine that it gives off and the quality is just out of this world. Normally, these are sold for $250, but I was able to get them for $68. Great deal! You can pick these up at prizedpearls.com but I don't think the promotion is still going on.


Also, I want to wear something fun so I added a leopard print ribbon on my shirt for a more modern/younger chic vibe.

The back of the ribbon shown below can be used for both as a clip for your hair or a pin on your shirt.

For pants, I got them from Alloy. com for $22.90. The reason I got them is because it has cute detail buttons in the front. How adorable is that??!!!
Looks great with the shirt being tucked in to show off the buttons.



Then, the shoes that I paired the outfit with are the same ones from my previous OOTD blog. They are from shoedazzle.com for $20

Here is the outfit on



Have a great weekend!

<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Pearls are very popular in fashion jewelry today. This popularity is widespread between people who are looking for a classic and traditional look, and well as with teens and young adults who are more concerned with being fashionable and trendy. It is quite versatile that it can be worn with any outfit. Thanks a lot.

    Pacific Pearls

    ReplyDelete