Thursday, October 6, 2011

Magnetic Effect Nail Polish

Hello Everyone,

Are you a nail polish fanatic like me? If you are, then you will be excited to see the coolest invention out there today. I first heard about this nail polish through one of the beauty magazines and I know that I just have to try it out. I was kinda hesitant about it because it seems too cool to be true. The latest craze is the Magnetic Effect nail polish made by Nails Inc. I got mine from Sephora, but I think they also sell it online at the Nails Inc website. Ever since OPI came out with the crackle nail polish, I didn't really hop on the bandwagon for that. I like the effect of this better than the crackle nail polishes even though they are two completely different things.

Nails Inc has came out with 3 colors so far and they are Trafalgar Square(silver), Houses of Parliament (purple), and Big Ben (gold)
I have 2 out of the 3 because they are kinda expensive for nail polish ($16) and I didn't know how it's going to turn out.

On the top of the cap, there is a magnetic strip that you need to use to create the effect. It has some kind of iron powder in the formula that will gravitate toward the magnet to form a pattern.

One thing I realized is you have to be quick in putting the magnet close to your nails as soon as you apply the polish to create a more dramatic effect. If you let the polish dry, it will not work.

Here's how my nails look with the polish and without using the magnet.... very plain. This was when the nail polish have dried out and it's too late to use the magnet. It is better to apply one nail at a time while it is still nice and wet for it to create the effect.

This is how it looks when it is used correctly. There is a small instruction manual on the bottle, but I never bother reading it... because I just like to learn the hard way.... In person, this has a 3D effect which looks very cool.

Hope this stirred up some of your interest in wanting to try it out.
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment