Monday, December 6, 2010

Cooking with Sugarcookie #4: Beef Ball Noodle Soup!

Hi Everyone,

It's cold (brrrr) in herrre! I have been craving for soup almost every day.  So, I decided to make a large pot of beef ball noodle soup that will last me for a week. This is so simple to make and it only takes 30 minutes. Here it goes:

1) I opened two cans of beef broth because I want to make sure there is enough soup left over. The noodles tend to soak up a lot of the liquid, especially the next day. I also added one cup of water to help dilute the amount of sodium in the broth.

2) Then chop up 5 cloves of garlic and one medium size onion for flavoring.

3) Once the soup starts to bubble, add the onion and the garlic in first. By this time your soup should start smelling very good.

4) While the onion is cooking, I went ahead and sliced the beef balls in halve. You can see that I bought the cooked beef balls so it doesn't take too long to cook. You can get this at any Asian market for $4.99


5) Next, I added the Japanese Somen noodles and these are very thin so they tend to cook fast. Feel free to add any type of noodles you have, this just happen to be in my pantry.

6) To balance out the meat, I added a handful of spinach. This makes the soup so much more tasteful and healthier.

7) Lastly, I added some chopped green onions and one minute later the soup is ready!!!!


If you noticed, I didn't mention adding salt at all, but if you like you can, however, I feel like the beef broth has a lot of sodium in it already. Again, too much sodium is not good for you and it's MSG free!

Bon appetit!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment