Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pros and Cons: In the Mood color changing nail polish- Fun Christmas Stuffers

Hi Everyone,

I saw these cool nail polish called In The Mood that are featured in magazines including Lucky and InStyle.


I really wanted to try them because the idea of having two colors on your nails sound really fun. In my first blog, I talked about how much I like nail polish (I probably have all the colors out there) and I wasn't going to buy anymore until I used some of them up. Well, I just kinda have to bend the rule for just this one time because .... Hello, it changes color!!! So, I went to this website http://www.inthemoodpolish.com to check it out. How this works...... on the website it says that the nail polish will change color when it is heated to 91 degrees F and your body is already at 98.6 degrees. There are different other factors that can make the color change such as running your hand under warm/hot water, going outside in hot weather, or even mood changes.

I ordered 4 colors and there are a total of 6 colors to choose from. The price of these nail polish are $8 per bottle similar to the OPI (unless you buy them online like me, the OPI cost $4.5). It is still pretty pricey for a bottle of nail polish, but at the moment, I was thinking there is actually 2 colors in one so it's not that bad. I guess I like to think of reasons why it is ok for me to spend $8 on a bottle of nail polish. For shipping, it took about a week and half..... close to 2 weeks for me to get it so if you want to order this as a gift, you may want to order early just in case.
The color options that they have are not really for fall or winter.... maybe the purple, but it's a lot of pastel colors that makes you think more of summer. The colors that I bought are Flirty (Pink to light pink), Hyper (Salmon to peach), Devious (purple to pink), and Blissful (pink to pearl white). So far, I have only tried two colors which are Blissful and Devious. 

Here's how they look when it changes color.... First color is Blissful....



Second color is Devious...
I swear I applied the same bottle of nail polish for both my toes and fingernails and in 20 minutes this is how it looks like. 



I am putting my hand under warm running water and it automatically changes the color to the darker purple.
Pros:
1) I like the idea of how it changes color
2) When it works the way it should, it looks nice (see below for why it doesn't work sometimes)
3) I like it when it's cold and the color on my nail is pink and once I hold a cup of hot tea just the tip of my nail turns purple.
4) The brush on the nail polish is not too thin or thick so it is easy to apply
5) Only need to apply 2 coats 
6) I like Devious more than Blissful because you can see more of a change.

Cons:
1) Too pricey
2) Doesn't always change due to body temp because my toes can feel cold but the nail polish is still the same color as when it was warm.
3) The color looks very matte when it dries so you need to apply a top coat over it to get that shiny smooth finish.
4) Limited colors 

Change is good!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment