Sunday, December 12, 2010

OOTD: Ruffled sweater cardigan

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I have added some new items to my winter wardrobe and hopefully I get to share most of them with you on how I paired some of these outfits together (if I don't get lazy). When I think of winter, I think of faux fur (which I am so excited to share with you in the future blog), ruffles, boots (ahhhh... my love), booties, scarfs, sweaters, and leggings. There are so many different ways you can put an outfit together, so be creative! As all of you already know, I like to shop at H & M and Forever 21 because you can find good bargains there. I love wearing cream colors during the winter and so I was looking for a sweater that I can wear when I need to run quick errands.

At Forever 21 I found:
Ruffled Sweater Cardigan: $29.80- This price is a bit pricey for Forever 21, however, the quality (the way it is made) is good. It is 100% acrylic which makes the cardigan soft. The cons about acrylic fabrics are that they are prone to pilling and after washing the top of the fabric looks worn. With these materials I try not to wash it too often and just be careful not to get it dirty too quickly. It is recommended to hand wash clothes that are made of acrylic fabrics.

Description: This cardigan has a wide ribbed shawl collar, single button closure, and ruffle trim cascading down the front.

I like how the button is made with the same material as the cardigan.


Here, I have paired the cardigan with a simple white top and jeans. To top it off, I put on my black over-the-knee boots and add a black belt for contrast.

The cascading ruffles of the cardigan makes the outfit more feminine and softens the edginess of the boots. I feel like I am wearing a dress....


The black canvas grommet belt is simple enough to add a little edginess with the boots. I bought the belt from Express on Black Friday for $14.95 including a 40% discount. The negative thing about this belt is that the clasp will come loose and the belt will just fall off your waist if you are moving too much..... yeah.... not sure if you want to buy a belt that doesn't even stay on..... but looks good tho.....   


The jeans that I am wearing is from Alloy.com by a brand called Vigoss. The original price is $39.90 and I got it when they were have a 25% off all jeans which was a few months ago, so I end up just paying $29.92. They are stretch mid-rise denim skinny with embroidered back flip pocket with rhinestones. I have never paid for a pair of jeans that cost more than $40 because I don't think jeans should even cost that much. I don't own any high-end jeans such as True Religions, 7forallmankind, etc... that cost $150 or more and yes I know they tend to make your ass look better and the jeans are made with special processed fabrics, etc.... but in the end they are still $150 for a pair of jean. It is not like they are made out of leather..... just sayin..... well, I guess if you have the money why not....... it's not going to put a dent in your pocket or cause you to retire any later. For me, I like to stick with a reasonable price range and this pair of jean that I have on looks good and can last me for a long time......just as long as I don't gain any more weight....



Have a nice night!
<3 <3 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment