Monday, December 13, 2010

Cooking with Sugarcookie #5: Pork Shoulder and a Sunny Side Up Egg for Dinner!

Hi Everyone,

I am craving for some meat today! I bought some pork shoulders from Lucky because it was on sale for $1.48/lb. I made sure I marinated over night so I can cook it the next day. Most of my meals are so easy to make and I like it when you only need to spend 30 minutes or less in the kitchen. This package comes with 3 large slices of pork shoulders.... I like these more than pork chops because it includes the skin and that is the best part.... if you know what I mean =o) (fatty fat fat..... YUM-O!). This is sooo not good for me, but I don't eat this often... probably once every 6 months.

Look how big it is... almost took up the whole plate.... and this is only one piece the other pieces are the same size.

First, I marinated the pork shoulders with some Korean barbecue sauce and once they have all been soaked in the sauce, I added some minced garlic..... I can still smell it .....




I probably added half a cup of barbecue sauce. I want to make sure it absorbs the sweet flavor of the sauce. Then close the the container and stick it in the fridge until tomorrow.

After soaking overnight, the pork shoulders should be flavored and ready to be thrown into a hot pan. Make sure you add some oil into the pan first......

Then add the pork shoulder in to the pan..... let it cook on one side first for 7 mins and then turn it over for the other side to cook for another 7 mins.


When it looks nice and golden brown,  it is ready. Start plating the pork on a plate and while you are waiting for the meat to cool down, you can also make yourself a sunny side up egg to eat with it.

Time to eat! Girls, sometimes it's nice to have a big slab of meat *wink wink*..... this definitely satisfied my meat craving for another few weeks.....
Bon Appetit!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment