Friday, November 5, 2010

Cooking with SugarCookie- #1: How I cook Seafood Fried Rice

Hi Everyone,

So, I was looking inside my fridge/freezer today thinking what can I cook for dinner.... I saw a bag of frozen shrimp and squid so I decided to make seafood fried rice. During the day I took out the frozen bags of shrimp and squid to thaw so by the time I start cooking dinner the ice will be nicely melted. Everyone who knows me knows that I love to eat. Hey, a way to this girls' heart is food. Even though this is true, I also want to include clothes, bags, shoes, makeup, etc... =o)

Alright back to food. Food always put a smile on my face so I had to include this into my 'beauty' blog I hope you don't mind. I am going to show you step-by-step of how I prepared the seafood and the items that I am going to be adding into this delicious dish. Well, here it goes, get ready!

First, I washed 2 cups of rice. Then I added close to 3 cups of water into the rice pot and put it in the rice cooker.
While the rice was cooking, I started to cut up the squid rings into small squares.
 For the shrimp, I bought them deveined and I just took off the shell.
Then I washed a bowl of mixed vegetables..................................................... 
 and cut up garlic, shallots, and ginger into small pieces.
 Finally, all the ingredients that I wanted to add into my seafood fried rice is all prepped and ready to cook.
 Besides the olive oil and the salt, here are the sauces that have I added to the mixture (Oyster sauce, sesame seed oil, and of course soy sauce)
 The rice was also cooked by this time and I let it sit out for a bit until it cools down.
 The first things that I threw into the pan are the garlic and ginger. I cooked them until they start turning light brown.
 Then I added my chopped shallots
 The rest of the item comes in a bit later and I mixed them all together with 3 teaspoons of oyster sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons of sesame oil. After everything is nicely cooked, I scooped everything from the pan into the large bowl. Looks good already....
Then, I drizzled some olive oil into the empty pan and added the rice and 3-4 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce ( I don't like eating too much salt).  Lastly, I poured everything from the large bowl back into the pan to be cooked with the rice. Oh yay baby!!! Get in my tummy!
Bon Appetit!
<3 <3 <3

2 comments: