Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pros and Cons about eyelash extensions.

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago I started getting eyelash extensions and I love them. It is important to go to someone you know that will do a good job. There are a lot of places that does it and if they do a sloppy ass job, you will notice your eyelashes flying everywhere. I have always thought about getting it and it wasn't until two of my friends have theirs done. That was when I decided to give it a try and what do you know..... I am very impressed. With eyelash extensions I find myself not having to put on a lot of eye makeup or even eyeliners because it is so full that you can skip out on this. I love waking up and not having to do too much with my eyes. Believe it or not, it does make your eyes bigger and brighter.

Besides all the pros that I have mentioned above, there are some cons.
1) Price- the initial sitting will be from $80- $300 depending on where you go. Then to maintain the fullness of your eyelashes, it is recommended that you go back every 2-3 weeks. Places usually charge depending on how full your eyelashes are. Let say you go back in 2 weeks and you still have more than half of the eyelash extensions, the person may charge you from $20- $100 to maintain it. Since you all know that I don't go to the nail salons to get mani and pedi, this will be sort of my "nail salon" routine.

2) Sleeping on your eyelashes- ok, what I mean by this is sometimes you sleep facing down on your pillow and when you wake up in the morning you find your eyelashes are all crooked and f*ucked up. Well, that happened to me a few times and let me tell you that it was not a pretty sight. I had to get a pair of tweezers and bend them to where I want them.

3) Taking a shower or removing eye makeup- when you take a shower or wash your hair, you just have to be careful of the water. The eyelash extensions are glued to your eyelashes and it can fall off when you exposed them to too much water. The glue that they used are really strong. I remember this one time when the person was putting it on I opened my eyes half way and I can feel a burning sensation. Also, when you are taking off your eye makeup be gentle and I do recommend using a Q-tip.

Other than that, I enjoy having them and I don't know if I can ever go without them......
Here is a picture of how long and luscious they are.


1 comment: