Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pros and Cons: My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of testing different skin care items and so far I still like the Kose Mask White. As I have explained in my previous blog that it prevents aging spots and helps remove impurities. Now, I am looking for something that will bring moisture to my face. One of the most recent item that I have tried is My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask that I got from iMomoko.com. This website sells a lot of the products that I am currently using and items that are on my wish list to try. There are other face masks just to name a few: Q10, Deary,  SK-II, L'egere, etc... that I have not used so it is hard for me to compare it to any other brands. What I can tell you is my likes and dislikes about this so far.

Out of all the face masks on this site, I decided to give My Beauty Diary a try because it looks the most delicious..... not to eat of course. They have so many varieties that it comes in.... listen to these names..... Strawberry Yogurt, Mixed Berry, Red Wine, Southern France Apricot, and they also have flower scents too.... Now can you see why I picked this? In addition, this brand provides a "wide selection of masks that accommodates different skin types for different seasons." Yay!!!

My Beauty Diary cost $15.99 for 10 pcs of face masks and in order to have the best results it is recommended for you to use it 2-3 times a week. For me, I only used it 1-2 times a week and I will go into why later in this blog.
As stated on the website, it helps remove excessed oil, cleans, and moisturized the face. Here are the main ingredient in the Strawberry Yogurt Mask: Strawberry extract, rich fruit acid, minerals and enzymes (to help for whitening and toning of the skin), and active lactic acid to help balance the excess oil.




Pros:
1) I like the smell of the mask... it really does smell like Strawberry Yogurt! YUM-O =)
2) The mask is easy to unfold from the package (still have to be gentle though)
3) Very moist
4) The mask feels very cold against my face (can be a con during the winter, but nice during the summer). Besides the price, I only used this 1-2 times a week is because it can be too cold these days to even think about applying a cold mask onto my face.
5) After removing the mask, my skin feels refreshingly soft like a baby's butt. My face look brighter and so far, I like the results.
6) I would recommend this if you have dry or oily skin.

Cons:
1) May be pricy if you use it 2-3 times a week
2) Too moist. When I apply this onto my face, I feel like I am drenched in a sea of moisture.... I think I am still getting used to these sheet masks since this is my first one.
3) May need to cut the mask a little bit due to the size.  

I don't mean to scare everyone but I don't have any makeup on, but this is to show you that you need a clean and toned face before applying the mask ( I will let you know what products I am currently  using to take off my makeup in a future blog).  OMG!!! These look like total mug shots! =( Whatever, I am not scared to bare my naked face in front of everyone.....


How the sheet mask looks like when I opened it up..... 


The mask is very moist and you can see how wet it is against my face. It feels like I am dripping sweats off my face..... the length we go to keep our skin looking good.....
The mask is so moist that even after 30 minutes it still feels like the same consistency as when I first took it out of the wrapper. WOW!!! To try absorbing most of the moisture on the sheet, I left it on for an hour AND it is still moist .... oh well.... an hour is good enough for me..... looks scary...... RRRGGGHHH!!


Before removing the mask, I pressed my fingers against the mask to squeeze out the moisture from the mask onto my skin. Then I peel the mask off and let my face dry. You can see that my face is still wet from the mask down below- extremely glowy.


I am going to finish this box before I tried other brands to compare this with. So far this is something I can see myself using, but just out of curiosity I like try other ones.

Let you when I do..... PEACE OUT!
<3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment