Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

Hi Everyone,

I think I am coming down with a cold, but I am going to push through this and put up a blog since I wasn't able to yesterday. So a few days ago I got a $10 reward card from Victoria's Secret in the mail and I decided to go to the store to check out their holiday collections. Since the holidays are coming and I they always have these amazing pajamas sets that I adore. As I was walking around the store, I was sad that I didn't see anything that grabbed my attention and just when I was walking out, there was something in the makeup section that caught my eyes. It was the Holiday Limited-edition Midnight Glamour Deluxe Eye Palette. Wow, the name itself was a mouth full. The packaging for this collection was very eye-catching because of the sexy blue and black design on the box and the palette was in a large blue rectangular jewel case. What? Did someone mention makeup and jewelry in the same sentence? Yeah, those two things can catch a girls' attention.

I looked at the case and I loved it. Inside the case are 4 eyeshadow palettes, a black gel liner, and an eye shadow brush. The colors are nothing too special, only the dark blue color to the right is what I was interested in. Again, what sold me was the case. I am a sucka for nice packaging. The eye palette cost $24 and I had a $10 rewards card so it was more like $14 for me.
So, here are some pictures of how the case look like.

 Here are some swatches of the colors from this palette. As I was swatching them, I was disappointed that it was not very pigmented. The first color is off-white with a bit of shimmer in it which I would use as a highlighter.  The second color is a light beige which I would use for all over the lid. The third is a shimmery silver color that can help contour your lid and lastly, the midnight blue can be use for the outer lid for that smokey look. (the midnight blue looks so close to black that it makes me feel like it wasn't even worth it.
A good thing about this palette is that it has instructions in the back of the case on how to apply the eye shadows.

The color was not that pigmented so it didn't show up too well in the pictures and I don't like the feeling of packing on a lot. Also I had some fall outs but not too much.
Overall, I would suggest all of you to save your money unless you don't already have these colors. I have a lot of eye shadow palettes and this is something I can definitely skip on. I should have save the $10 reward card for something else.... like the pajamas. =)

On a happier note, I did find something that I like and it works sort of like a hair clip. Do you ever find yourself having to brush your hair away from your face while you are putting on makeup? I have a lot of baby hairs that tends to have a mind of their own. They are uncontrollable I tell you. Well, I would normally tie my hair up while I do my makeup, but now I can leave my hair down and just slab on two pieces of these velcro on each side to hold back my hair. They are made in Japan.  Japanese people always think about everything! I love it! (I just don't know if this is going to work for a person who has extremely curly hair)
I got them on ebay for $0.99 plus free shipping.




Also, if these are not cute enough for you, there are ones with the bows. =) I bought them on ebay also for $2.82 plus free shipping.


Let you know more of my likes and dislikes in the future blogs!
<3 <3 <3




2 comments:

  1. omg I've been looking for those velcro!! can you give me the seller you bought it from? thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 pcs Pink Front Hair Fringe/Clip Stabilizer Grip NEW
    Item condition: New
    Ended: Oct 24, 201015:30:15 PDT
    Winning bid:
    US $0.99 [ 1 bid ]
    Shipping:
    FREE shipping Standard Shipping
    Seller: bingseth ( 2016)

    I think you may want to find a new seller because it took him a while to mail mines to me.

    ReplyDelete